Vincent Connare was an in-house font designer. Amongst his creations are the Comic Sans font, and the Trebuchet MS font, both of which ship as standard on current releases of Microsoft Windows and Mac OS. Besides text typefaces he finalized and the font Marlett which has been used for scalable User Interface icons in Microsoft Windows since 1995 and created portions of the font Webdings that was first shipped with Internet Explorer.
He is no longer employed by Microsoft Corporation.
- Vincent Connare's website
- Vincent Connare's typography page
- Dalton Maag Ltd. London
- Basic hinting philosophies and TrueType instructions:Microsoft Corporatıon
- Character Design Standards:Microsoft Corporation
- Hinting and Production Guidelines: Microsoft Corporation
- Designing and Using Scalable Type for Display as Graphic Elements on Digital Devices. Lecture notes in Computer Science, Springer
- From Typeface to Font File by Vincent Connare (not Beat Stamm) : Microsoft Corporation
- Microsoft Font Delivery Specification
- The Type Designs of William Addison Dwiggins