Microsoft Office 2013 (also known as Office 2013, and codenamed 15) is the latest version of the Microsoft Office suite of productivity programs for Windows, being released on January 29, 2013. Also, Service Pack 1 (SP1) for this Office version was released on February 25, 2014.
It has also been released an Office 2013 RT version built-into Windows RT. This will ship as a preview at the same time as the Surface RT tablet in October 2012. The RT version has some advanced features removed to enable it to run smoothly on lightweight RT tablets, including macros, third-party add-ins, and VBA support.
Changes and improvements Edit
- A new Modern UI user interface alongside the existing Ribbon.
- In Word, the capability of inserting video and audio online as well as the broadcasting of documents on the Web.
- In Excel, additional tools including filtering on a timeline, converting Roman numerals to Hindu-Arabic numerals, and the integration of advanced trigonometric functions.
- There is a new "Touch Mode" that is easier for tablet users to edit with.
Removed features Edit
The following features have been removed from Microsoft Office 2013.
- Microsoft SharePoint Workspace
- Microsoft Clip Organizer
- Microsoft Office Picture Manager
- Office 2007 and Office 2010 chart styles
- Ability to insert a 3D cone, pyramid, or cylinder chart (it is still possible to insert a 3D rectangle chart and change the shape after insertion).
- Complete version of help files can't be installed, it's only available online.