Microsoft Office 2013 (codenamed Office 15) is a version of Microsoft Office, a productivity suite for Microsoft Windows. It succeeds Microsoft Office 2010 and precedes Microsoft Office 2016. It was released on January 29, 2013, with Service Pack 1 (SP1) being released on February 25, 2014. Mainstream support ends on April 10, 2018 and extended support ends on April 11, 2023.
Office 2013 includes extended file format support, user interface updates and support for touchscreen devices among other features. Office 2013 supports IA-32 and x64 systems and requires Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 or a later version of either. As well as these, a version of Office 2013 comes installed on Windows RT devices.
Changes and improvements
- A new Modern UI user interface alongside the existing Ribbon.
- In Word, the capability of inserting video and audio online as well as the broadcasting of documents on the Web.
- In Excel, additional tools including filtering on a timeline, converting Roman numerals to Hindu-Arabic numerals, and the integration of advanced trigonometric functions.
- There is a new "Touch Mode" that is easier for tablet users to edit with.
The following features have been removed from Microsoft Office 2013:
- Microsoft SharePoint Workspace
- Microsoft Clip Organizer
- Microsoft Office Picture Manager
- Office 2007 and Office 2010 chart styles
- Ability to insert a 3D cone, pyramid, or cylinder chart (it is still possible to insert a 3D rectangle chart and change the shape after insertion).
- Complete version of help files can't be installed, it's only available online.