The Microsoft Student Partners is a worldwide educational program to sponsor students majoring in disciplines related to technology. The MSP program attempts to enhance students' employability by offering training in skills not usually taught in academia, including knowledge in various .
The program is available in most countries, and all students in college and university level are eligible to apply. Typically, few most skilled students from each institution are chosen at a time. If accepted, Student Partners are assumed to further share the knowledge among the academic community by, for example, arranging courses, giving presentations and initiating projects.
The MSP Program was initiated in 2001, and operated in 15 countries for five years. In late 2006, the program was expanded to 50 countries worldwide, and as of july 2010, there are more than 2800 members worldwide across 101 countries and regions.
|This section requires expansion. (July 2010)|
The MSP program is an educational and promotional program to sponsor undergraduate and postgraduate students majoring in disciplines related to technology, typically computer science, computer information systems, and information technology. MSP program aims to enhance students' employability and increase students' awareness of Microsoft technologies. Student Partners are offered training especially in product-specific skills not typically taught in academia.
As a whole, the program aims to increase awareness of Microsoft products, programs and initiatives. Consequently, the program helps expanding the user base of Microsoft products, and results in better availability of properly educated workforce in those technologies.
The MSP program is active around the world to college and university level students[note 1]. Microsoft chooses few skilled students from each institution at a time to serve as representatives. Typically, a Microsoft Student Partner is science major from engineering or business school of higher education.
Microsoft offers compensation to the members of the Student Partners program through hourly wages (in some countries only) and various software and hardware packages which are distributed to them for testing and promotional purposes. Student Partners are also given access to MSDN Premium Subscriptions to support their promotional activities. At times, Student Partners are invited to technology-related conferences.
Student Partners are given access to the latest Microsoft software, development tools, reference material, industry events, and training opportunities. MSPs are assumed to further share the knowledge among the academic community by arranging courses; giving presentations and lectures; and initiating projects among the students. MSPs are also used to promote incentives, for example, the Microsoft Imagine Cup[note 2]; and programs, such as the Ultimate Steal and its affiliate program.
Local MSP activities include, for example, attending the Student Technology Day in UK, which included high-profile presentations, such as one by the CEO of Microsoft, Steve Ballmer; and TechDays, for instance in France, and in Canada.
|This section requires expansion. (March 2009)|
- Imagine Cup
- MSDN Academic Alliance
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Microsoft Developer Network
- Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
- Microsoft Research
- ↑ Attending at high school level, or earlier, may also be possible, depending on the individual. Youngest MSP, Babar Iqbal, is 13 years old. The youngest Microsoft Certified Professional, M. Lavinashree, is 9 years old.
- ↑ Student Partners may also actively compete in Imagine Cup; they are not directly affiliated to the organizers of the incentive.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Microsoft Rolls Out Global Initiative to Promote Career Development for Students". Microsoft. 2006-11-07. http://www.microsoft.com/emea/presscentre/pressreleases/MSSPTechEdPR_7112006.mspx. Retrieved 2010-03-24.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ "Youngest MSP". http://student-partners.com/members/Babar.aspx?. Retrieved 2010-03-24.
- ↑ "Youngest Microsoft Certified Professional just 9 years old". http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2008/12/youngest-microsoft-certified-professional-just-9-years-old.ars. Retrieved 2010-03-24.
- ↑ "Microsoft Office Discount for US Students - The Ultimate Steal - Office 2007 Software for $59.95". http://www.microsoft.com/student/discounts/theultimatesteal-us/default.aspx. Retrieved 2010-03-24.
- ↑ "The Ultimate Steal Affiliate Program". https://student.theultimatesteal.com/public_interface.html?pi=1&pic=4. Retrieved 2010-03-24.
- ↑ "Student Technology Day - Making Computer Science Matter". Microsoft. 2008. http://www.microsoft.com/uk/academia/studenttechnologyday/default.mspx. Retrieved 2009-03-23.
- ↑ "Microsoft Techdays : le rendez-vous des professionnels de l’informatique". Microsoft. http://www.microsoft.com/france/mstechDays. Retrieved 2009-03-23.
- ↑ "Microsoft Tech Days Canada 2008". Microsoft. http://www.microsoft.com/canada/techdays. Retrieved 2009-03-23.
|Bill Gates • Paul Allen|
|Board of directors|
|Steve Ballmer · James Cash, Jr. · Dina Dublon · Bill Gates · Raymond Gilmartin · Reed Hastings · Maria Klawe · David Marquardt · Charles Noski · Helmut Panke · Jon Shirley|
|Senior Leadership Team|
|Satya Nadella (CEO) · Scott Guthrie · Amy Hood (CEO) · Qi Lu · Terry Myerson · Harry Shum · Kevin Turner (COO)|
|Joe Belfiore · Richard Rashid (SVP) · S. Somasegar (SVP)|
|Engineering groups (Accessories · Mobile) · Digital Crimes Unit · Garage · Press · Research · Studios · .NET Foundation · Outercurve Foundation|
|Algeria · Egypt · India · Japan · Pakistan|
|Operating systems (Microsoft Windows) · Software (Office · Servers · Visual Studio) · Band · HoloLens · Lumia · Surface · Xbox|
|Bing · Channel 9 · CodePlex · Developer Network · MSN · Office.com · OneDrive · Outlook.com · Microsoft TechNet · Windows Store|
|Build · MIX · PDC · TechEd · WinHEC · WPC · OneDrive · Outlook.com · TechNet · Windows Store|
|Bundling of Microsoft Windows · iLoo · Internet Explorer · _NSAKEY · Windows · (2000 · ME · XP · Vista) · Xbox 360|