|Kinect Sports 2|
|Release date(s)||Template:Video game release|
Kinect Sports: Season Two is a video game for Xbox 360, released on October 25 in North America and October 28 in Europe. The game is the sequel to Kinect Sports. In the game you can also play with a multiplayer mode.
Kinect Sports: Season Two consists of six sports which can be accessed from the main menu, which can be played in single or multiplayer: golf, darts, baseball, skiing, tennis, and American football. The games are controlled through Microsoft's Kinect device, which allows players to control the game through gestures and speech recognition without the need of any physical game controller. The player controls the sports by mimicking how the sports are played in real life without the equipment that usually is associated with them; for example, swinging one's arms as if they were holding a golf club or kicking to score a field goal in American football. The Kinect's voice command technology is utilized more frequently than in the game's predecessor, Kinect Sports, with the game containing over 300 voice commands.
Rare has shown the American football game's two-player gameplay, where one user controls the quarterback and another the receiver during a game. The player mimes throwing a football towards the receiver, where the other person mimics catching it. A field goal trial was demonstrated during the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), which allowed the user to attempt to kick a field goal by completing a kicking motion. In golf, the player can use voice commands to switch clubs without having to move to a menu, and swing their hands as if holding a club. The game features Xbox Live competition, and allows players to challenge each other in multiplayer modes.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Clements, Ryan (6 June 2011). "E3 2011: Kinect Sports: Season 2 Announced". IGN. http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1172938p1.html. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- ↑ "Kinect Sports: Season Two Fact Sheet". Rare. 6 June 2011. http://rare.co.uk/news/kinect-sports-season-two-fact-sheet. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Hoggins, Tom (17 June 2011). "Kinect Sports Season Two preview". The Daily Telegraph. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/8581456/Kinect-Sports-Season-Two-preview.html. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- ↑ Douglas, Jane (20 July 2011). "Kinect Sports 2 'pushing speech a hell of a lot' - Rare". IGN. http://www.gamespot.com/news/6324576/kinect-sports-2-pushing-speech-a-hell-of-a-lot-rare. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 McShea, Tom (6 June 2011). "E3 2011: Kinect Sports: Season Two Preview Impressions". GameSpot. http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/kinect-sports-season-two/news/6317247/e3-2011-kinect-sports-season-two-preview-impressions?sid=6317247&mode=previews. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- ↑ Eykemans, Peter (7 June 2011). "E3 2011: Going Long in Kinect Sports Season 2". IGN. http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1174068p1.html. Retrieved 15 August 2011.